PROFESSIONAL AND CONSULTING SERVICES
At IAMConcepts, we specialize in leveraging our strategic vendor partnerships to turn our clients’ enterprise IAM visions into reality. Our Professional and Consulting Service offerings would typically include an Enterprise IAM assessment to uncover clients’ IAM needs. By, uncovering these needs, it allows our team to develop a strategy of implementing one of our best in the industry IAM solutions to close the gap.
IAM solutions are complex and require a specific skill set to provide professional and consulting services. IAMConcepts has extensive implementation experience and fully understands the challenges and success factors of any IAM initiatives.
EXAMPLES OF IAM ENGAGEMENT CHALLENGES
- Too large of a scope initially – trying to do it all at once!
- Early short cuts that ultimately lead to problems later.
- Lack of expertise and insight regarding the current state of IAM policies, procedures, best practices and costs.
- Lack of expertise to integrate IAM technologies with existing IT infrastructure.
- Insufficient executive participation, validation and buy-in.
EXAMPLES OF IAM ENGAGEMENT RESULTS
- Design a phased implementation approach – slowing the pace to ensure all needs are met.
- Ensuring proper project planning and information gathering is done prior to project go-live.
- Gather all IAM solution requirements before the project commences. Design, Build and Development for seamless solution implementation.
- IAM solution health check and trouble shooting on existing implementations to understand the existing IT infrastructure.
- IAM knowledge transfer and training
IAMCONCEPTS 5 KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
Show Value to the Business:
Demonstrate quick wins to business through phased approach, and ensure updates are provided to management and end user communities through proper communication.
Steady Business Sponsorship:
We consider IAM as a program, not a project.
We remain flexible in terms of the roadmap to accommodate business goal changes, as well as industrial compliance standard changes.
We avoid being too aggressive, both IT and business need time to digest the solution and the knowledge.
Well trained internal resources for both Security Administration and IAM infrastructure maintenance:
We avoid “Black Box”. We are self-sufficient in answering questions from business end users and are able to make any changes if necessary. Assign resources to be part of the implementation.
The Identity and Access Management (IAM) Consulting Service focuses on development of a product agnostic IAM strategy for your organization.
A ROADMAP WILL BE DELIVERED BY THE END OF THE CONSULTING SERVICE TO
- Propose an approach to meet your stated IAM drivers
- Provide a high level outline of projects your organization may consider
- Provide a rough order of magnitude for project costs and resources
- Show relationships between projects and their dependencies
- Initiate further discussions to refine your organizations’ IAM vision and approach
OUR PROFESSIONAL AND CONSULTING SERVICES OFFERING INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING RESOURCES
Enterprise IAM Consultant:
Provides IAM initiative recommendations to client steering committee and IAM implementation roadmap after understanding client business priorities and security issues/concerns through a series of interviews and discussions.
The IAM Architect is the technical solution owner, responsible for solution requirement gathering, solution design, documentation and implementation oversight.
The IAM Specialist works closely with the IAM Architect to develop, build and implement the solution per design, and promote to the next stage/environment. The IAM Specialist would also participate in ongoing Managed Services activities.
When required, an Engagement Manager can be provided to lead the entire project management activities or work with clients PM to coordinate technical activities on the IAMConcepts side.