Professional and Consulting Services
At IAMConcepts we specialize in leveraging our strategic vendor partnerships to turn our clients enterprise IAM vision into reality. Our Professional and Consulting Services offering would typically include a Enterprise IAM assessment to uncover their IAM needs. Uncovering these needs allows our team to develop a strategy of implementing one of our best in the industry IAM solutions to close the gap.
IAM solutions are complex and require specific skill set to provide professional and consulting services,IAMConcepts has extensive implementation experience and fully understands the challenges and success factors of any IAM initiatives.
Examples of IAM engagement Challenges:
- Too large of a scope initially – trying to do it all at once!
- Early short cuts that ultimately lead to problems later.
- Lack of expertise and insight regarding the current state of IAM policies, procedures, best practices and costs.
- Lack of expertise to integrate IAM technologies with existing IT infrastructure
- Insufficient executive participation, validation and buy-in.
Examples of IAM engagement Results:
- Design a phased implementation approach – slowing the pace to ensure all needs are met.
- Ensuring proper project planning and information gathering is done prior to project go-live.
- Gather all IAM solution requirements before the project commences, Design, Build and Development for seamless solution implementation.
- IAM solution health check and trouble shooting on existing implementations to understand the existing IT infrastructure
- IAM knowledge transfer and training
IAMConcepts 5 Key Success Factors:
Steady Business Sponsorship:-
Demonstrate quick wins to business through phased approach, and ensure updates are provided to management and end user communities through proper communication.
Steady Business Sponsorship:-
We consider IAM as a Program, not a Project.
Show Value to the Business:-
We remain flexible in terms of the roadmap, to accommodate business goal changes, as well as industrial compliance standard changes, etc.
We avoid being too aggressive, both IT and business need time to digest the solution and the knowledge.
Well trained internal resources for both Security Administration and IAM infrastructure maintenance:-
We avoid “Black Box”, we are self sufficient in answering questions from business end users and are able to make minor changes if necessary. Assign resource to be part of the implementation
The Identity and Access Management (IAM) Consulting Service focuses on development of a product agnostic IAM strategy for your organization.
A roadmap will be delivered by the end of the Consulting Service to:
- Propose an approach to meet your stated IAM drivers
- Provide a high level outline of projects your organization may consider
- Provide a rough order of magnitude for project costs and resources
- Show relationships between projects and their dependencies
- Initiate further discussions to refine your organizations’ IAM vision and approach
Our Professional and Consulting Services offering includes the following resources:
Enterprise IAM Consultant:-
Provides IAM initiative recommendations to client steering committee and IAM implementation roadmap after understanding client business priorities and security issues/concerns through a series of interviews and discussions.
The IAM Architect is the technical solution owner, responsible for solution requirement gathering, solution design, documentation and implementation oversight.
The IAM Specialist works closely with the IAM Architect to develop, build and implement the solution per design, and promote to the next stage/environment. The IAM Specialist would also participate in ongoing Managed Services activities.
When required, an Engagement Manager can be provided to lead the entire project management activities or work with clients PM to coordinate technical activities on the IAMConcepts side.
IAM Managed Services
Engaging an IAM Managed service team for seamless integration of complex IAM solutions allows the corporation to mitigate the risk, optimize the cost and allows the Security Administration team to focus on “True Security Admin Activities”. IAM Managed Service offering provides specialized maintenance and extended levels of support, while enabling users access to their data and applications allowing for a more productive IAM Infrastructure.
IAM solutions are complex and require specific skill set to provide on-going support.
Clients trying to manage IAM solutions in house have encountered the following challenges:
- Lack of skills: The individual or team assigned to manage the solution is not able to manage and fix issues even after undergoing training. This Often results in lengthy troubleshooting and production down time, which can cause severe business impact.
- Solution stability: Many clients end up managing the solution in “reactive” mode instead of “proactive”. This means there is no regular maintenance performed on the solution which, often causes unexpected downtime.
- Resource: IAM skills are in high demand on the job market, many organizations face the reality that it is hard to retain their resources after investing heavily on training.
- Cost: The cost to manage and troubleshoot solutions in house is high considering the cost of hiring and training staff, internal charges to manage and troubleshoot the solution often incur penalties due to production downtime, etc.
- Loss of business support: With an unstable solution and frequent downtime, business sponsors often lose their confidence in the solution, resulting in ending of the sponsorship support.
IAMConcepts understand the challenges faced by our clients, this is why we have developed a flexible, customizable, and cost effective managed service offering to serve our clients better and meet all their needs.
Sample Scope of a IAM Managed Service offering:
Transition to Ongoing Support:
Document support processes
Administration and Troubleshooting:-
- Provide L2/L3 support based on 8×5 or 24×7 coverage
- Engage IBM Software support for remediation of software defects
- Provide resolution of issue following receipt of issue from client’s Helpdesk Support or alert from automated monitoring infrastructure
- Apply fixes and patches to IAM infrastructure on various components
- Periodic tuning of IAM solution
- Manual Log rotation (if required)
Our Managed Service offering includes the following resources:
Managed Service Delivery Manager:-
A senior certified technical Project Manager acting as the Delivery Manager to oversee and manage all ongoing managed service initiatives.
Point of Contact:-
For each managed service client, a senior resource will be appointed as Point of Contact to act as the bridge between client and managed service personnel.
Intermediate IAM Specialists handle the day to day managed services activities, including: interaction with the client, L2 support, troubleshooting, report, etc.
Senior IAM Specialists:-
Senior IAM Specialists act as L3 support to provide ad-hoc assistance/hands on support to intermediate IAM Specialists for complex troubleshooting, high priority tickets activities.
Software as a Service
IAMConcepts understands that every business has various needs, our Software as a Service offering allows on subscription basis software which is centrally hosted. There are multiple benefits to deploying a SaaS offering, including lowers costs to the customer, reduction in time to benefit compared to a traditional deployment, and increased flexibility on upgrades or updates to the environment.
IAM solutions are complex require some flexibility be provided to the client to enable them to need all of their IAM needs.